8th TAILOR WP7 seminar
Zoom meeting. Please contact the organizers for meeting link.
15:30-16:00 —Matthias König
Joint work with: Annelot Bosman, Jan van Rijn and Holger H. Hoos
Abstract: Despite their great success in recent years, neural networks have been found to be vulnerable to adversarial attacks. These attacks are often based on slight perturbations of given inputs that cause them to be misclassified. Several methods have been proposed to formally prove robustness of a given network against such attacks. The research area of neural network verification is highly diverse, as verifiers rely on a multitude of techniques, including mixed integer programming and satisfiability modulo theories. In this talk, we will show how AutoML techniques can be leveraged to improve the performance of such verifiers. Furthermore, we show results from an empirical performance assessment of several CPU- and GPU-based verification algorithms, revealing complementarities in verifier performance and illustrating the potential of leveraging algorithm portfolios for more efficient local robustness verification.
16:00-16:30 — Round table updates for all WP7 tasks
The expectation is that each TAILOR partner with funding allocated under WP7 sends at least one representative who can give a brief update. It is understood that there may not be a substantive update on each task at every meeting.
- Each update should focus on highlighting the following:
- Recent and ongoing work, potential collaborations
- Collaboration between different tasks;
- Collaboration with other work packages;
- New collaborations (with people with whom that group has never worked with before).
- Optional: Support your round table update with a one-slide overview highlighting your ongoing and planned work by adding a slide to the google slide deck: [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/19TrJPiYBkqrK_fZFUEHl7FeYg13SQMUNBhDNQ66-WPQ/edit#slide=id.g1347b5b076f_0_0]. Note: To save time only slides in this deck can be used, you won’t be able to share your own screen!
- Optional: Provide an extra slide, poster, or other material to be shown in gather town (submit a PDF by email to email@example.com if what you want to present something)
- Suggestions for improving the seminar format
- Informal chats about possible collaborations
- Brainstorm/discuss ideas and mechanism for making our WP7 more impactful, more efficient and/or more enjoyable
- Chat about anything else you feel worthwhile!
Let us know on mattermost in the WP7 Automated AI channel if there are any questions, and please get in contact with us if you would like to volunteer as speaker for a future seminar.